ADSM-L

Re: Is network backup still a good idea?

1998-10-22 16:12:29
Subject: Re: Is network backup still a good idea?
From: buser andreas <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:12:29 -0400
ADSM is really a great product, but I see also his end ,if the amog of
data to save increases at this speed.
We need new concepts of saving and retrieving data, to keep trak with
this tremendous growth.
Of Course we need new fundatmental concepts of datahandling, maybe
SEASCAPE and other ideas will give new posibillities.

Meanwhile new technikes for an ADSM improvement on a software base could
be:

Blocklevelsaving (save only changed blocks of data)
Checksum test of files (if a file has already been saved by an other
client f.e. Word.EXE
   no additional save would be required.

I hope IBM will improve ADSM in near future, if not we will not master
the datag.

Kind Regards
Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel:  ++41 61 285 73 21    Fax: ++41 61 285 70 70

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser