ADSM-L

Lotus Notes Connect backup takes more than 7 hours for 5 Gb of databases

1998-10-22 10:22:19
Subject: Lotus Notes Connect backup takes more than 7 hours for 5 Gb of databases
From: Johan Teekens <jteekens AT CIMAD DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:22:19 +0100
Our notes connect agent is very and very slow, al our other dommino server
are preforming fine, but the BIG DOMINO(S01)
server is not. I realy don't know what the problem could be. I included the
 dsm.opt for out S01 node(Notes).

There are 5 Gb of databases on our Notes server.

At first I thought that it would be the tcpbuffer or windows size,
increasing them had no effect.

We got a 100Mbit backbone, a this moment, only for ADSM, so I can't be the
network traffic.

The domino(Notes) server is a IBM Netfinity 5500, PII 400Mhz with 256Mb
mem, that should be enough for a Notes server.

The preformance of notes is very good, so the server has a lot of extra
processor time, why does he use it for ADSM backups?

Our ADSM server, IBM RS6000 H10 with a 3575 library, sets the session in
wait every now and them, for about one or two seconds.

this is my dsm.opt:
_______________________________
nodename S01

commmethod       TCPIP