ADSM-L

Restartable restore

1998-10-22 06:52:53
Subject: Restartable restore
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 05:52:53 -0500
I have large restore we've been trying to get done for several days.  I had
to cancel it once and then did a restart restore.
It is a Novell client running V3.1.0.3 and the ADSM server is 3.1.2.0.  The
restore had the parms -rep=all -ifn  so it would skip files already there.
When I did a restart restore it behaved as if there were no  -IFN parm.  It
started restoring everything.  Skipped nothing.
I went to a different client and did the same thing.  And it responded the
same way.
Has anyone else seen this with restartable restores... that it drops your
-IFN parm?
I don't have time to restore everything, so I had to start the restore
I don't have time to restore everything, so I had to start the restore
completely over, with -IFN.  (This means day #4 of outage and 18000 users
are going to be unhappy.)
Anyone aware of this one?
Thanks,
Julie