ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent for Exchange

1998-10-20 04:54:51
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent for Exchange
From: Freddy Sjauw-En-Wa <FreddyS AT SEAGATESOFTWARE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:54:51 +0100
All,

Seagate Software supports the backup and restore of individual mailboxes
on MS Exchange. We have a fully integrated system for connection to
Exchange and ADSM

In principle it works through API's:

Exch. ->API agent -> BackupExec NT -> API -> ADSM

Of course one must backup individual mailboxes if one wants to restore
these individually. Seagate Software also can backup and restore
individual tables in SQL.

Our co operation with both Microsoft and IBM has enabled us to have
API's for both the MS products and a clean port into ADSM (regardless of
the platform it runs on)

BackupExec sees the ADSWM system as a virtual Autoloader and thus treats
it as such. We send objects through the API  and ADSM takes over from
there with the policies and MGMT classes. More info can be obtained:

http://www.seagatesoftware.com/bewinnt

I hope this helps,

Freddy Sjauw-En-Wa
Manager European Professional Services Org.
Seagate Software UK Ltd.