ADSM-L

Magstar Tapes for 3570

1998-10-18 19:25:04
Subject: Magstar Tapes for 3570
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:25:04 +1000
Hi,

We had a few hardware failures on a 3570 unit, and the IBM guy came and fixed
it up. He upgraded the microcode to the latest level also.

We are still getting a stack of VCR errors and also some tapes seem to have the
barcode in the wrong place which gives the unit a hard time. The IBM
maintenance man said that there was a bad batch of tapes....

Is this true? If so, what are the batch numbers, what bad affects do these
tapes exhibit, and how do we get them replaced.

IBM, I know you read this forum. I got no response from the last email from you
(SCSI sense codes), perhaps you can answer this one.

Regards
Shane