ADSM-L

Backup DB2 with ADSM on AIX 4.2.1

1998-10-15 17:52:20
Subject: Backup DB2 with ADSM on AIX 4.2.1
From: Josee Robichaud <Josee.Robichaud AT CGI DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:52:20 -0400
I want to backup DB2 database server version 2.1 with ASDM version 3.1 on AIX
4.2.1 platform.

I've installed the following ADSM client patch: IC21925E_adsm_api_client.aix42

and I've configured the db2 user environment to use ADSM client config files.

On dsm.sys client file, I've indicated that db2 user is allowed to backup with
the node I've defined.

On the error report, it seems to be a permissions problem. db2 don't have access
to the devices owned by ADSM.

I don't how and where to configure that. Should I have to configure that
permissions?

Thanks for your help. I really need to backup DB2 with adsm.

Josee Robichaud
--
Josee Robichaud
Josee Robichaud