ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Macro's

1998-10-15 14:23:20
Subject: Re: ADSM Macro's
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:23:20 -0400
In <248256C355C1D111BBB400805FA7E0E23D7D68 AT kcmail1.metrokc DOT gov>, on
10/15/98

   at 10:18 AM, "Kerssen, Larry" <Larry.Kerssen AT METROKC DOT GOV> said:

>The ADSM Admin Reference manual and Admin Guide have some information about
>the use of ADSM macro's.  It talks about how to create and invoke the
>macros, however I've found no information on where the macro is stored to
>provide access to the macro from the Administrative Client.   I vaguely
>recollect that they have to be compiled into the ADSM database.  Is this
>true and can someone help?

The macros can be stored anywhere on your workstation.  If you store them in
the path where you started dsmadmc, you can invoke a macro by entering

macro <macro_name> <macro_defined_parameters>

If you store the macros anywhere else on your workstation just invoke a
macro by using the full path.

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab