ADSM-L

Re: Tape transfer between 2 Servers

1998-10-14 10:53:28
Subject: Re: Tape transfer between 2 Servers
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:53:28 -0500
Harry,

ADSM provides a Export Node/Import Node function which can be used to do
the kind of transfer you're interested in.

'Export Node' copies the actual file data as well as the ADSM database
information needed to reconstruct the ADSM database to a tape which can be
checked out of one library and into the other library.  The 'Import Node'
function can be used to load the tape's contents making it restorable.
After restore, you just delete the filespace and remove the node from the
second server (if desired).

The one catch is that the minimum amount of data exportable is a single
filespace from one node.  So, you may have to export/import a lot more data
than just one DB2 database.

I believe V3 also provides the ability to do exports across the network to
another server but I'm not familiar with it and you'd have to consider the
network traffic impact of doing that.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

h.zimmermann AT GROHE DOT DE on 10/14/98 08:28:23 AM