ADSM-L

Tape transfer between 2 Servers

2015-10-04 17:52:21
Subject: Tape transfer between 2 Servers
From: Harry Zimmermann [mailto:h.zimmermann AT GROHE DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

I need some help to find out how to handle the following problem:
Imagine 2
RS/6000 each with ADSM-Server 3. On machine A I do a DB2-database backup
using an IBM 3570 tape drive. Now I want to restore the backup on
machine B
which also has a 3570 attached to its ADSM Server. ADSM on machine B
does
not know about any tape that has been written on machine A so I cannot
access the tape. How can I transfer this information between the
ADSM-Servers? Is there any kind of export functionality which copies the
information about tape contents to a small file which can be
transferred?
Up to now I used to copy the complete ADSM-Database (which is not too
big
because only complete daily DB-backups and logs are in there) but this
cannot be the correct solution.

  regards

           Harry