ADSM-L

Re: Annoying Windows NT/95 GUI Quirk

1998-10-14 07:54:38
Subject: Re: Annoying Windows NT/95 GUI Quirk
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:54:38 -0400
>APAR IC20534, which addressed this
>problem, is supposed to have been fixed in 3.1.0.5.

This issue was a good example of what we must all be careful of:
Don't complain that something doesn't work unless you are at the
latest maintenance level.  If your software is backlevel and you
(and your customer site) are just enduring a problem situation,
you're doing yourself and your business a disservice.  Then
complaining about the problem is just wasting energy in the wrong
direction.

Obviously, a lot of the problems we come upon are already known,
and fixes are at least in the works, if not already out in the
latest PTF level.  If you encounter a problem with searchable
symptoms, seek it in the IBM problem management databases
(accessible from the ADSM home page) to see what its status is
and if there is a fix available already.  If uncertain, you can
contact the IBM Support Center and they can help determine what
the status is.  This will expedite resolution of the problem at
your site.  ADSM-L can supplement by pooling knowledge about
less searchable problems and general situations.

  Richard Sims, Boston University OIT