ADSM-L

Include-Exclude

1998-10-13 11:13:18
Subject: Include-Exclude
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:13:18 -0400
Ashley,

>1) When I run a backup my include exclude list  works fine, when I run an
>archive it ignores my exclude list and tries to archive the files anyway.
>Any suggestions ?

This is working as intended.  Include/exclude is for backup only. You
can explicitly click the files/dirs via the GUI to archive files.

>2) When installing the ADSM backup/archive client on a NT 4.0 server the
>installation got as far as the install sheild and then disappeared with no
>indication of why.  I have attempted this installation many times with the
>same result.

There are two situations where I've seen this type of problem:

1) a previous program running in NT's VDM (virtual dos machine) has terminated
abnormally leaving a corrupt environment for InstallShield's setup to run in.
The work around is to reboot and run setup before you run other programs.

2) If your TEMP environment variable points to a drive other than you system
drive AND you have more than 2GB free space on the system drive plus the
drive that TEMP points to, then the install will exit.  The circumvention
is to point TEMP to your system drive for the duration of the install of
ADSM and then change it back to its original setting

We hope to correct these problems in the next client PTF.

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development
mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com