ADSM-L

NTFS permissions

1998-10-12 01:08:00
Subject: NTFS permissions
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Monday, October 12, 1998 5:08 PM
The local system account has full control over all local resources
(registry,
drives, etc.) so
you shouldn't have any problems provided that you aren't accessing any
non-local resources
(remote drives or shares) from your schedule (the local system account has
no
domain authority
so accessing remote resources will always fail).

Note that by default the client service is installed to logon as the local
system account.

Hope this helps ......

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 10/12/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 10/12/98 12:38:24 PM