ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent For MS-Exchange

1998-10-13 09:41:48
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent For MS-Exchange
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:41:48 -0400
Gary,

>                Thanks for your prompt reply.  It sounds as though I need
>two separate things, the Connect Agent for backing up Exchange, and the NT
>Client for backing up the NT system itself.  So do you know if the NT client
>handles extended attributes associated with NT files (ie NTFS security
>settings)...???

Just to confirm answers already provided by others, the Exchange Agent is
specifically for on-line
backup of your Exchange database data as provided by the Exchange backup
API.
It is intended to complement the regular ADSM backup client which does NT
system backup at
the file level and does include support for file (and directory)
attributes...but could not provide consistent
backup images of database files that are always open and in use.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com