ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:52:21
Erwin,

You can trim the log file with the option

schedlogretention x

where x is a number of days prior to today.  I usually put in an
errorlogretention at the same time to make certain the error log doesn't
grow unbounded, also.

I've never had trouble removing the schedule with dsmcutil.  Try a dsmcutil
list command to ensure that it really got removed.  If not, the remove
command should look like:

dsmcutil remove /name:"ADSM Scheduler"

with whatever you named the service between the "".

Bill Smoldt
SSSI

    -----Original Message-----
    From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf
Of
Erwin Pfeifer
    Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 2:35 AM
    To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject: NT 4.0: ADSM Client problems

    Hello,

    I have two problems:

    1)  I started the ADSM-scheduler  (Client Version 3.1)  on WinNT 4.0 as
a service.  Then I removed it with the command  'dsmcutil rem' and now  I'm
not able to start it again.
    2) The Log-File is a monster, especialy after a full: Is there a
possibility to control the output of the Log-File (reduce it to the
essentials!)?

     Is there anyone out there who can offer advice on this!

    Thanks in advance
    Erwin