ADSM-L

adsm and SNA gateway

1998-10-12 11:31:49
Subject: adsm and SNA gateway
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:31:49 -0500
Has anyone experienced a problem with an ADSM installation on an SNA
gateway server?

Client: NT 4.0 (SP3) as SNA gateway server with ADSM WIN32 client 3.1.0.5
(latest PTF)
Server: OS/390 with ADSM server 2.1.16 using TCP/IP

After dozens of NT installs with ADSM, this SNA gateway server becomes a
problem. Users were unable to access the SNA gateway, and this was, at
first, attributed to ADSM. I don't believe this is the case as the ADSM
code should have nothing to do with the SNA part of the client, but should
only be concerned with IP and its pathway to the OS/390 server/host.

Was there something I needed to place in the DSM.OPT file denoting the fact
that this particular client was an SNA gateway using TCP/IP? With an MVS
server, ADSM doesn't really have a choice with protocols in this matter.

Thanks for any input or suggestions!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA