ADSM-L

Re: AW: ADSM Client AIX-4.2

1998-10-12 10:15:27
Subject: Re: AW: ADSM Client AIX-4.2
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:15:27 -0400
Hello Martijn,

AIX 4.2.0 is not a supported ADSM platform. We would have liked to
support it, but the number of problems we had trying to get ADSM
to run on 4.2.0 made it impractical.

If you can get ADSM to run on 4.2.0, you can certainly try it,
although you do so at your own risk since ADSM does not support
that platform. However, I am not sure that you will even be able
to install it; if the install does not work then you could try
copying the files over from a 4.2.1 machine where you have it
installed. But keep in mind that using 4.2.0 is unsupported.

I am sorry that I do not have more positive news for you.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Hi,

According to "ADSM - Installing the clients", the version 3 client runs on
AIX version 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.2.1 and 4.3, so my question still stands. The
fact that 4.2.1 is mentioned explicitly makes me wonder if it will run on
4.2.0.

Thanks,
Martijn.