ADSM-L

Re: IPFX & Upgrade to Version 3 on AIX 4.2

1998-10-08 22:48:15
Subject: Re: IPFX & Upgrade to Version 3 on AIX 4.2
From: Jennifer Davis <jedavis AT DFW DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:48:15 -0500
The name of the fileset has changed to .......
Interactive Presentation Facility Runtime

The fileset name is slightly different for different AIX releases,
but you can always find it by doing the below.

1) Place AIX Installation CD into your CDROM
2) smitty installp
3) Install from Latest Available Software
   *If AIX 4.1 --> Choose the option for a "Custom Install" first
4) Input device is /dev/cd0
5) Cursor to Software to Install
6) Hit F4 to get a list
7) Type / and press enter to get a search option
8) input ipf and press enter
9) It should take you directly to the ipfx.? fileset
10) F7 to select
11) Complete install screen like the below

Nest Regards,

Jennifer

P.S. I would not choose to skip the installation of the ADSM server
utilities fileset - see the READMEs for your server platform. Then
look in the section that describes the AUDIT RECLAIM Utility processes
for deatils on why this is a bad idea.

              Install and Update from LATEST Available Software

Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

                                                        [Entry Fields]
* INPUT device / directory for software               /stimpy/aix/421
* SOFTWARE to install                                [ipfx.rte
> +
  PREVIEW only? (install operation will NOT occur)    no
  +
  COMMIT software updates?                            yes
  +
  SAVE replaced files?                                no
  +
  AUTOMATICALLY install requisite software?           yes
  +
  EXTEND file systems if space needed?                yes
  +
  OVERWRITE same or newer versions?                   no
  +
  VERIFY install and check file sizes?                no
  +
  Include corresponding LANGUAGE filesets?            yes
  +
  DETAILED output?                                    no
  +