ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Restore of NetWare data from end-user workstation

1998-10-08 20:51:19
Subject: Re: ADSM Restore of NetWare data from end-user workstation
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:51:19 -0600
     yes it will, this is what Andy said several days ago.  erl

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    10/1/98 9:12 PM

We have a department here which is comparing/evaluating ADSM and Seagate's
Backup Exec products.  One question that has come up is whether ADSM can be
set up (reasonably) to allow Win95 systems connected to a NetWare file
server to issue ADSM restore requests to restore data backed up from the
NetWare server to their workstation.  Access rules defined in the NDS would
I guess need to be used to define data access rules.  Apparently this is
something that Backup Exec provides?  (I'm not familiar with the product).

Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.

IBM: I'm particularly wondering if the WebShell client for NetWare might
allow this sort of thing.

Thanks.

..Paul