ADSM-L

Re[2]: Automating the Installation of ADSM

1998-10-08 11:41:23
Subject: Re[2]: Automating the Installation of ADSM
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 09:41:23 -0600
Part of our installation process includes starting the scheduler to create the
dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log files, then creating shortcuts to them and placing
the shortcuts into the ADSM program group in the Start menu.  Does anyone have
extensions to the Installshield process that would put shortcuts to the logs
into the program group?  I do have an Installshield license, though not the
latest one that includes a script decompiler.

Would IBM consider such an upgrade?  Using the procedure below and this upgrade
we could do our complete installation process automatically . . . assuming as we
do that the computer name is the node name.

Eric Lewis UW-Madison