ADSM-L

Re: Linux client crashes AIX dsmserv

1998-10-07 20:14:53
Subject: Re: Linux client crashes AIX dsmserv
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:14:53 +1000
Hi Tom,

Tom Jinneman writes;

> I am running the Linux client on a FreeBSD machine using Linux emulation.
> The client, both the gui and the command line start up fine; however,
when I
> attempt to log into the server, I get a TCP communication failure and
then
> the dsmserv process on AIX coredumps.  This has occured with both 3.1.1.5
> and 3.1.2.0 of the AIX ADSM server.  Has anyone else experienced similiar
> problems with dsmserv coredumping when attempting to logon?

I have exactly the same problem.  I've opened a fault with IBM, it's
#01157.

The log seems to indicate the client is trying to authenticate but it never
completes.  The server dies.

I have to send some more information to IBM, but it's been difficult
finding the time to deliberately kill the server. :(

Carl.