ADSM-L

Re: Problems with NT MAC volume files

1998-10-07 10:38:28
Subject: Re: Problems with NT MAC volume files
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:38:28 -0400
We are working on a test fix for this problem that will be bundled
in with a number of other APAR test fixes (mostly related to the
problems that the Win32 client has in handling accented characters
such as umlauts).

Our usual test fix strategy is to fix one problem per test fix.
However, given the number of problems encountered with version
3.1.0.5 of the Win32 client, this strategy is deemed insufficient
since providing a fix for one problem still leaves other serious
problems... sort of like patching only one hole on a boat with
8 holes (the boat will still sink).

Right now our goal is to have the test fix available by the end
of next week (October 16). This is subject to change, and thus is
not a firm date. The short of it is that we hope to have relief
available within the near future.

I will post here once the fix is available.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Is anyone aware of a workaround for this problem or perhaps the approximate
date the fix will be available.

Thanks,
Gerald Siciliano
Moodys Investors Service