ADSM-L

pb with symbolic links during archive

1998-10-01 10:28:02
Subject: pb with symbolic links during archive
From: Claude Ling <Claude.Ling AT ESBS1.U-STRASBG DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:28:02 +0200
Hi all,

According to ADSM documentation, symbolic links are followed during an
archive operation. Is it possible to tell ADSM to ignore the sym links ?

I encouter big problems because some of our users have symbolic links
that point to a path that is above, example:
/w/ling/data/prog/source/bin/data --> /w/ling/data
in that case, ADMS never stops to recursively archive the /w/ling/data
directory ..!

Thanks for any help !

Some details:
ADSM V3.1 on AIX 4.3 server
ADIC FastStor DLT4000
Clients: AIX, IRIX

--

CNRS ESBS Boulevard Sebastien Brant, Pole API
67400 STRASBOURG-ILLKIRCH    FRANCE
Tel    : (0033) 03.88.65.52.72 ,Fax ...52.62
e_mail : Claude.Ling AT esbs.u-strasbg DOT fr