ADSM-L

HSM recall failures

1998-09-30 15:33:53
Subject: HSM recall failures
From: Ruth Mitchell <mitchell AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:33:53 -0400
HSM version:        3.1.5
Client Platform:    SP2, AIX4.2.1

We are experiencing a problem recalling various 1.5GB tar files
that were written to HSM over the past few months. It seems like
we are only getting partial data back when we issue a 'tar -tvf'
one of these migrated files.

I am not seeing any errors generated on the ADSM server side
(eg, in the ADSM actlog), but receive hundreds of the following type
of errors part way through the dsmrecall process, as recorded in the
dsmerror.log on the HSM client node:

09/29/1998 16:14:15 The 699450288th code was found to be out of sequence.
The code (801) was greater than (678), the next available slot in the string tab
le.
09/29/1998 16:14:15 The 699450289th code was found to be out of sequence.
The code (680) was greater than (679), the next available slot in the string tab
le.

Once we hit these errors, the data transfer appears to stop, and the
session times out eventually, if we don't kill if off beforehand.

Does anyone have any insight into what might be causing these?

Thanks.

--Ruth Mitchell
  Cornell University
  Cornell University