ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent

1998-09-30 12:56:44
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:56:44 -0400
Janie,

This is a known problem and it has been fixed.

The GA version had problems with Org and Site names with
periods, commas, and/or at-signs.

Please read the following to obtain the fix:

ATTENTION: ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server customers:

The refreshed FIXTEST (APAR IC20843) of the ADSMConnect Agent for
Microsoft Exchange Server is now available on the INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM
FTP server.  Here is how to get it:

       Where:  FTP Server, index.storsys.ibm.com
   Directory:  /adsm/fixtest/agents/ntexch/v1r1
   Filenames:  IC20843A.EXE         - self-extracting install file
               IC20843A.readme.ftp  - readme file

This is Version 1.1.0.0 FIXTEST "A".  It includes the following fixes:
                        ===========

   IC20843   - Problem when trying to back up and restore Exchange Servers
               that have "." (period), "," (comma), and/or "@" (at sign)
               within the Enterprise (Organization), Site, and/or
               Server name.  All embedded "." (periods) will now be
               translated to "_" (underscores) in the filespace names
               for the Exchange Agent on the ADSM Server.
               Commas and "@" (at signs) will now be handled correctly.

               NOTE: For customers who have already backed up their
                     Exchange databases with the GA version of the
                     Exchange Agent and have periods (".") within
                     their Enterprise, Site, or Server names...

                     In order for you to restore or delete backups
                     that were created PRIOR to the installation of
                     this fixtest, you MUST rename the filespaces by
                     replacing the periods with underscores ("_").
                     ONLY REPLACE THE PERIODS THAT WERE PART OF THE
                     OF THE ENTERPRISE, SITE, OR SERVER NAMES AND NOT
                     THE PERIODS USED AS SEPARATORS. For example:

                     Enterprise Name:  COMPANY,INC.
                     Site Name:        SITE14
                     Server Name:      SERVER.A

                     OLD IS filespace would be:
                       "COMPANY,INC..SITE14.SERVER.A.IS"

                     The command would be (this is one command):

                       RENAME FILESPACE "COMPANY,INC..SITE14.SERVER.A.IS"
                                        "COMPANY,INC_.SITE14.SERVER_A.IS"

                     NEW IS filespace would be:
                       "COMPANY,INC_.SITE14.SERVER_A.IS"

                     You must do this BEFORE running another backup or
                     the RENAME FILESPACE command will fail since the
                     new filespace will already exist.

   Misc.     - You no longer have to be running as the Exchange Site Service
               Account in order to perform backup or restores.
               You MUST be running as a member of the Administrator
               group for the local server machine or you must be running
               under a userid with Read/Write access to the local registry.

   Misc.     - Exchange Server backups that are > 4G display their size
               incorrectly with the "EXCDSMC /ADSMQUERYDB" command and on
               the GUI backup history list.

Installation instructions:
  - Download the IC20843A.EXE file in "binary" format.
  - Download the IC20843A.EXE file in "binary" format.

  - Run the IC20843A.EXE file.  It is a self-extracting install file.

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com