ADSM-L

Re: Error Starting ADSM

1998-09-30 08:39:15
Subject: Re: Error Starting ADSM
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:39:15 -0400
> ANR9999D logseg.c(457): Log space has been overcommitted (no empty segment
> found) - base LSN = 54173.0.0.
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem? I'll appreciate any help you could give
> me.

Hi Ron,

    Sure have.  The maximum size of the log is 5300MB, so if you are under
this amount, just define some more log space with dsmfmt, and then use
dsmserv to extend the log in a "Standalone" mode, and your server should
come back up.  I think there is a section in the Quickstart on this too.

Hope this helps.  I had to do this twice while in roll forward mode with a
5000MB log.  I have since gone to normal mode, since all of my db and log
volumes are mirrored, and now have a 2000MB log.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,