ADSM-L

makesysb on different hardware configuration

1998-09-28 17:58:53
Subject: makesysb on different hardware configuration
From: "Knight, Glen" <glen.knight AT RFETS DOT GOV>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:58:53 -0600
Hi,

The 3466 (NSM) operations guide recommends that we create a mksysb to be
used in the event of a disaster.  The problem is that our disaster
recovery site will not have the identical system configuration to our
3466.  Specifically, the library will be different and we may have a
different storage subsystem (i.e. SCSI instead of SSA).  Also, the
RS6000 may be a different model.

The question is:

1) What issues may arise if I try to restore from the mksysb created on
my NSM?

2) Will I even be able to restore?

3) Would it just  be easier to install AIX, install ADSM and restore the
DB?

4) Has anyone written a plan for an environment like this and can I have
it!

TIA,

Glen Knight
glen.knight AT rfets DOT gov