ADSM-L

Re: ADSM task prioritization

1998-09-28 04:32:41
Subject: Re: ADSM task prioritization
From: Shira Hayun <shira AT TLV.IEC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 11:32:41 +0300
Cheri Howard wrote:

> I'm wondering if the ADSM server gives priority to tasks that it is
> running?  For example, does backup take priority over reclamation?  Does
> restore take priority over migration?  etc., etc., etc.  And if it does
> give priority, how is that done and what is the order of heirarchy?
>
> We're running an ADSM MVS V2 server.
>
> Thank you!

Hi,

Well yes. ADSM sure does have a priority order. How ever u can only set
its priority for the schedules running in your system.
Regarding reclamation - if a reclamation process had started it will
continue till it finishes regardless of any backup or restore sessions
starting afterwards. ie if a reclamation process started and didn't
finish by backup time, and your backups goes directly to the tape - your
backup session will be stack! There is another process that acts that
way by I cannot remember it.

Bye.