ADSM-L

Re: Starting client scheduler remotely

1998-09-24 04:44:12
Subject: Re: Starting client scheduler remotely
From: Shira Hayun <shira AT TLV.IEC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:44:12 +0300
Mathew Warren wrote:

> Hello People,
>
> I have been trying to do something I thought would be easy.
>
> How can you start the client scheduler remotely? My aim is to write a little
> script that goes through all of our nodes (AIX) and starts the scheduler if
> it is down. I have the checking part ok, but whenever I try to start a
> scheduler It seems that it is not detatching itself from the process trying
> to start it. My end hangs untill CTRL+C and then I get the >> Process
> Interupted << gubbins.
>
> I have tried various permutations of rsh and rexec but I just cannae get it
> to work.
>
> Matthew Warren.
>
> ** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
> This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the Intended
> Recipient")
> to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and
> confidential
> within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
> distribution, copying
> or other use of this message or any of its contents by any person other than
> the Intended
> Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
> prohibited.
>
> If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and dispose
> of this email
> as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Tibbett & Britten Group Network
> Administration
> Department on 01707 391010 (UK).

Hi,
I wrote a script that goes through all 'Missed' client events, and for
these that communication is available - the script will take the
scheduler down and than restart it.
The only problem is that u have to have a free access to all of your
clients (meaning - no password is required when entering the root user)
so that u need permission 2 do so.
If u r interested - I'll attach it to u.

Shira.