ADSM-L

Insufficient Mount Points

1998-09-16 10:53:12
Subject: Insufficient Mount Points
From: "David R. Reed" <950MREED AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 07:53:12 PDT
   I am in the process of installing the ADSM/AIX server on an RS6000.
Everything seems to be working properly, except the tape pools that I
have defined.  No matter how they are defined, I receive the
"Insufficient numer of mount points available" message when I try to
move data to them.  I have tried various definition techniques that I
have seen on this list, all with the same result.
   The devices are an Exabyte 8mm and a 3590, each with single drives.
In all cases, I have be able to perform a LABEL LIBVOLUME successfully,
which seems to indicate that ADSM knows the devices are there, but when
I try to MOVE DATA, the process doesn't get past the mount point error.
   I am extremely new to the UNIX environment (I have been running ADSM
on VM since V1), and am probably missing the obvious.  I am wondering if
this is actually an ADSM problem, or if there is something that I failed
to do on the UNIX side.
   Any help would definitely be appreciated.

David R. Reed
VM System Manager
University of California Santa Barbara