ADSM-L

How to preserve an old set of backups?

1998-09-15 17:07:04
Subject: How to preserve an old set of backups?
From: "Donald W. Daniels/FFIC" <Donald_W._Daniels/FFIC AT FFIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:07:04 -0400
Hi, I have an old  set of 3 incremental file backups ( 120GB)  that I need to
preserve for 60 days while having them accessable for client restore.  I have a
set of copy pool tapes for this same data.   The policy is currently set at 3
backups saved for 7 days.    Ideas that seem possible include establishing a
new primary pool and copying data from the copy pool tapes but then it's
probably not possible for the client to restore from two different pools. I
appreciate input from y'all as to how to accomplish this feat in  ADSM.

  Thanks, Don