ADSM-L

Re: 3570 with barcode reader

1998-09-13 17:47:14
Subject: Re: 3570 with barcode reader
From: Peter Gathercole <peter.gathercole AT VIRGIN DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 22:47:14 +0100
It still needs to check which tapes are in the library, but using the barcode
reader is MUCH quicker.

In a 3575 library, using the dsmadmc audit by it self takes around an hour for
200 tapes. With the checklabel=barcode, it takes about 3 minutes.

Be warned, however. Some features of ADSM have had the barcode option turned off
(for example, checkin libvolume). This appears to have been removed at about PTF
level 13 for ADSM Server 2.1.5. See the README in /usr/lpp/adsmserv/2.1.5.XX for
the list of changes for each PTF level.

Peter Gathercole
Open Systems Consultant