ADSM-L

Re: Disaster REcovery manager and ADSM DB backup tapes..

1998-08-25 15:25:14
Subject: Re: Disaster REcovery manager and ADSM DB backup tapes..
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:25:14 -0600
     If you delete the db backup tapes from your volume history file, drm
     will no longer see them.
     Jim

Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    8/25/98 11:56 AM

We use DRM to control our Vault pull/Retrieve Lists, it works ok except
that some of our ADSM DB backup tapes are getting "stuck" in the vault,
DRM looses track of them, there in status vault one day and the next
their off the list, not moved to vault retrieve status. Our DB backup
series Expiration Days parameter is set to 3 days. (from output of q
drmstatus). Any suggestions why our tapes are getting lost at the vault?
Thanks