ADSM-L

AW: "ANS1256E Cannot make file/directory" during backup

1998-08-25 15:21:00
Subject: AW: "ANS1256E Cannot make file/directory" during backup
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 21:21:00 +0200
Thomas,
sounds like you're using the NT V3 PTF3 Client...
This client has a problem with corrupted filenames.
When you issue a DIR on the directory WINNTT01 the you likely will see a
file containing a "?" in the filename.
After you delete or rename this file, ADSM will work fine again.
Unfortunately the PTF3 client does not just skip the file but skippes the
whole rest of the filespace...
So you probably better do a "DIR /a /s" on your filespace and "GREP" for all
"?" to get all those corrupted filenames in one session.

In PTF5 this problem is fixed, but there are a few new bug implemented. So
you better wait until this or next week a fix for PTF5 gets released. To get
more information, read the latest messages titled "Win32 client bug" in this
list.

Regards,
Michael
--