ADSM-L

Re: Netware & OFM

1998-08-24 18:23:27
Subject: Re: Netware & OFM
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:23:27 -0700
Hi Robert,
              It happened to us. Although  I am referring to our site having
AIX version ADSM server v3. and NT client. The solution might interest you.
We had initially a v2 client. Subsequently we went in for for a v3 Client.
Now this v3 Client had functioned correctly  for 2 months and came  up with
all kinds of read errors.

Solution : The concerned person did not reboot the client node after having
uninstalled the older version. Thus files from a new version of the ADSM
seems to have been marked for deletion . Thus after a reboot of the node it
started giving all kinds of read errors etc.  After pondering over variables
like permissions , I decided to reinstall the client. Since last three weeks
there was no problem.

Please try and reinstall your client.

Hope this helps

Sri