ADSM-L

Re: Restore job fails on tape error

1998-08-21 12:52:27
Subject: Re: Restore job fails on tape error
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:52:27 -0400
Yes, it should have the smarts.
IBM/ADSM neglects to understand how the "real"
world works sometimes.

ADSM should also allow you to schedule tape drive cleaning.
ADSM should remount the tape in a different drive and pick up where it
left off etc..

We need an ADSM  users forum which helps direct the future
of ADSM.

Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst
Desktop Services Technical Support