ADSM-L

Re: How to remove data of a copy storage pool?

1998-08-20 14:13:00
Subject: Re: How to remove data of a copy storage pool?
From: Michael Richard <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:13:00 -0400
     Hello I also believe this to be true. I am in the progress of doing
     the same thing. As long as the data has been copied(migrated) into
     another pool you can delete it. WARNING I am planning on deleting in
     control segments because on my RISC 6000 it will eat up so much cpu
     and for awhile that it will basically be like I am dead to the user
     world if I just deleted every thing with that pool at once.
     As for when it would expire the copy pool that would depend on the
     policy domains defined to those archives. Because from my
     understanding I can have multiple copypools for the same data there by
     letting the policy domain's for the archive policy control it's
     expiring of data. The only way that the copy pool would delete is if I
     deleted the primary tape pool, there by deleting it's ref..
     As for the command that is what I have listed am planning on using for
     my old copy pool.

     I am not an expert but this is what I have planned from the admin.
     ref. that I read.

     Mike Richard Jr.
     Enterprise Storage Admin.
     Compuware (248) 737-7300  ext 6061
     The content is completely mine and does not reflect on my company at
     all.

     Hi Kirsten:

     From my limited knowledge, I think the answer is Yes.  You can delete
     the data from the old pool, since you have moved the data to a new
     location. Raj L. Iyengar
     IBM Global Services
     OA Lead at CAISO / Alhambra
     Phone: (626)537-2721