ADSM-L

mirrorwrite db

1998-08-19 20:10:58
Subject: mirrorwrite db
From: Paul Hilchey <hilchey AT UCS.UBC DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:10:58 -0700
There has been some discussion recently about the reasons for doing
sequential writes to mirrored log volumes, from which I've concluded
it is a good idea and reconfigured my system.

But what about writes to mirrored database volumes?  The default is
sequential, though I don't see any good reason for that.  As I
understand it, the log replay should correct any problems in the
database resulting from partial writes.

On a related note, I have my disk storage pool volumes in a JFS
filesystem, which is on a logical volume mirrored by AIX.  Can I
turn Mirror Write Consistency off for that logical volume?

--
Paul Hilchey
Paul Hilchey