ADSM-L

Re: 3494 errors on aix 4.2.1 - adsm ver 3.1.1.5

1998-08-19 14:56:14
Subject: Re: 3494 errors on aix 4.2.1 - adsm ver 3.1.1.5
From: Tom Bell <tom.bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:56:14 -0500
When we've seen these errors, it has been because the 3494's barcode
reader has failed.  There is a known problem with the ribbon cable
connecting the reader to the gripper base, such that after a large
number of gripper rotations the ribbon cable cracks near the connector
on the reader end.  We've had this happen several times on our 3 year
old 3494.  There should be detailed entries in the 3494's error and
transaction logs that identify the problem more clearly (at least to an
IBM CE).

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT wg.waii DOT com