ADSM-L

MAXmemory and BUFPoolsize

1998-08-19 08:32:12
Subject: MAXmemory and BUFPoolsize
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 08:32:12 -0400
Hi All,

     Can someone please explain how the MAXMemory setting interacts with
the DB BUFpoolsize settings?  I have a Sun E3002 with 2GB of real memory,
and the MAXMemory set to 2048, and BUFpoolsize of 536000 with maxsessions
of 50, and I am getting client sessions rejected due to:

ANS1363E Session Rejected: The server does not have enough memory to
allow a connection to be established.

Does the BUFpoolsize get carved out of the MAXmemory amount, or is it
"external" from the MAXmemory setting.

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,