ADSM-L

Wonderful news from SHARE!

1998-08-17 17:10:35
Subject: Wonderful news from SHARE!
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:10:35 EDT
Since I'm the first one to get access to an Internet connection, let me
be the one to convey the good news.  This morning, IBM announced that
they will be coming out with ADSM V3 server for VM very soon!  As many
of you on the list know, an all-out campaign has been waged for about
a year to make this come about.  VM'ers such as Gretchen Thiele and Wayne
Smith have been very instrumental in making it happen.  It is definately
a good thing for all of us who use the VM platform.  It should also be
encouraging to others who use 'marginal' platforms, such as OS/2.

We also owe a huge thanks to IBM'ers such as Romney White and Susan Puglia,
who really went to bat for their customers and convinced the ADSM division
to listen to us.

More specific information on V3 for VM will be posted as soon as we know it.

Martha %-)))