ADSM-L

Re: adsm vs harbor

1998-08-17 17:20:52
Subject: Re: adsm vs harbor
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:20:52 -0500
I've already suggested the boot partition, however that was met with much
disdain (too much work? too many skills involved?). Ghosting would be
another preferred method --- simply burning a CD with the applicable files
so installation wouldn't require a box full of diskettes or even CDs for
everything is much better than many installation processes (there could
even be a number of CDs for specific adapters, so no one would have to hurt
his brain trying to remember what parm goes where for this specific adapter
or that one, etc.) Nothing less than full image restore seems to satisfy
--- and with the ADSM V2 server it's not possible.
But, if nothing else, I've answered the questions about a DOS-based restore
But, if nothing else, I've answered the questions about a DOS-based restore
for NT with TCP/IP for this guy.

Thanks much!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA
ccannam AT genam DOT com

Greg Heis <gsheis AT FEDEX DOT COM> on 08/17/98 03:22:21 PM