ADSM-L

Moving data from 3490 to DLT

1998-08-17 14:12:00
Subject: Moving data from 3490 to DLT
From: Michael Richard <Michael_Richard AT COMPUWARE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:12:00 -0400
     I need advice with the best way to move data that is currently on 3490
     cartridges to DLT. We are currently setup as:

     Backuppool     primary disk pool         (SSA disks)
     Backuptape     Primary onsite tape pool  (3490 cartridges)
     Copytape       Copy offsite tape pool    (3490 cartridges)

     I defined :

     Backup-DLT-tape primary onsite tape pool (DLT)
     Copy-DLT-tape   copy offsite tape pool   (DLT)

     I was going to update Backuptape to have the migration stgpool be
     Backup-DLT-tape and then set migration down to 0% for high and low.
     Once that is done then issue a "backup stgpool Backup-DLT-tape
     Copy-DLT-tape". Once this is complete I believe I should be able to
     delete the Backuptape and Copytape stgpools and be using just the
     Backup-DLT-tape and Copy-DLT-tape.

     Is this correct and the best way to do this ?
     Or should I update Backuptape for the reclaim stgpool to be
     Backup-DLT-tape and then set reclaim to be at 0%. Followed once
     completed by the "backup stgpool Backup-DLT-tape Copy-DLT-tape"

     I am looking for the easiest way to move all the data and also not
     loose any of it.

     Thanks for any suggestion or info from all in advance.

     Mike Richard Jr.
     Enterprise Storage Admin.
     Compuware (248) 737-7300  ext 6061
     The content is completely mine and does not reflect on my company at
     all.