ADSM-L

Expire Inventory on ADSM V3.

1998-08-17 12:45:00
Subject: Expire Inventory on ADSM V3.
From: "Ludwig, Don" <Don.Ludwig AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:45:00 -0500
     I know someone asked this question before but I don't remember the
     answer.  We went to ADSM V3 on MVS server yesterday.  I invoke the
     EXPIRE INVENTORY command and am questioning the output from a QUERY

     PROC command

      22 Expiration           Examined 240713 objects, deleting 239126
                              backup objects, 0 archive objects, and 0
DB
                              backup volumes; 0 errors encountered.

     I hope the 240713 number means objects that are available for
     expiration and not current ADSM objects.  I also don't like that
you
     can't tell what filespace it is working on now.  Which you could
tell
     in V2.  Can someone verify  with me that the above message confirms

     what I hope it does.

     Thanks
     Don Ludwig