ADSM-L

Re: Full Backup of one subdirectory

1998-08-14 09:59:19
Subject: Re: Full Backup of one subdirectory
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:59:19 -0500
     Well... correct Sir !
     I just tested it again under my current V3 and a selective caught the
     directory structure but issued ANS1115W's against the individual
     files. (finished "without failure" but no files backed up... that was
     with wildcard use and with a specific, single file)

     It did still work with the archive.

     Guess things have changed in the last couple of  years.

     Sorry for the confusion folks...

     later,
           Dwight

Author:  HiltonT (HiltonT AT tce DOT com) at unix,mime
Date:    8/13/98 7:55 AM

Dwight,

I have V2 and V3 clients and servers.  Neither will backup a file with the
select command if that file is in the exclude list.  I've tested on both AIX
4.1.5 and 4.2.

Tina