ADSM-L

AIX backup and restore

1998-08-13 06:40:56
Subject: AIX backup and restore
From: Etienne Brachel <hc_dmsr AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 03:40:56 PDT
Hi all,

I got a question about AIX backup and Restore...

first : if a "dsmc i /" is issued, ADSM does not backup the mounted
filesystems as directories... is this normal ? they are directories
under the root aren't they ? the SUBDIR YES statement is placed in the
dsm.sys option file.

second : how do I restore data from one node to another node ? Do I have
to grant access of the data to a particular node or user ?
The source host and destination host as paramaters for dsmc are
available but I did not manage to get it done. Can someone give me the
right steps and syntax to get it done ?

Thanks in advance,

Etienne Brachel

* Etienne Brachel            E-Mail : hc_dmsr AT hotmail DOT com  *
* Touch The Progress b.v.    Phone  : +31-(0)365350535     *
* Televisieweg 159           Fax    : +31-(0)365350535     *
* 1322 BH  ALERE                                           *
* The Netherlands                                          *