ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent -- Mailbox-level Backup/Restore?

1998-08-12 09:16:19
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent -- Mailbox-level Backup/Restore?
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:16:19 -0400
I know tht there is at least one product out there that does this, but
from what we have seen on the Exchange discussion list it is so slow
that most shops that have implemented choose the "important" mailboxes
to backup individually.  What it actually does, in effect, is to create
a PST file for each mailbox, then copy the mail into it.  Our backup
window is not large enough to do this for all mailboxes and databases
based on the reports we have seen.