ADSM-L

Re: Return Code

1998-08-12 09:04:30
Subject: Re: Return Code
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:04:30 -0400
Jan,

The RC=128 is coming from the launch of the "c:\excincr.cmd".
This is a Windows NT error code from a "system()" call.
The Exchange Agent backup commands are not even getting a chance
to run...which is why you don't see any error logs.

There a number of different reasons RC=128 (ERROR_WAIT_NO_CHILDREN)
can be received... the main one that I see is:
  "The system has run out of desktop heap space" (from MS doc)

Suggestion:
  1. Try rebooting to see if it clears up the problem.
  2. If not, increase the heap space on the NT machine.
     (See Microsoft KB article: Q184802 for details)

Again, this problem is caused because your NT server is having
trouble launching the command file.  The Exchange Agent
is not getting called to run.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development