ADSM-L

Exchange Agent

1998-08-12 08:32:53
Subject: Exchange Agent
From: "Sullivan, Karen" <KSullivan AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:32:53 -0400
I have a couple of questions concerning the ADSM Exchange Agent.

We currently use Seagate Software and 2 tape drives to back up 6 Exchange
servers.  We are thinking about going to a Mainframe based solution as we
have been experiencing problems with our current procedures (most involving
human intervention factors).

        Does it backup the open Exch directories, information store files
(*.edb,
        etc.), and files associated with the MTA and IMC?

        What is the backup rate?

        Can we backup over a channel as opposed to token ring?

        What is the cost?

        thanks.