ADSM-L

Backup of schedule file in windows

1998-08-12 02:48:26
Subject: Backup of schedule file in windows
From: Johan Gouws <johang AT HOLLARD.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:48:26 +0200
Hi ADSMers

I have had problems with restoring schedule files (*.scd) on windows. We use
centralized storage for user files and this get backed up on a nightly
basis(full incremental). In some cases the schedule files for some users gets
backed up daily and for others once a month or once weekly. I asked the users
to close these files but still the same. On my own workstation I tested it this
morning and came to the following conclusion.
1.) It doesn't matter if the schedule file is open because there is no error
message from ADSM side.
2.) If you change the setting to ALWAYS BACKUP it does backup the file but
still show a last modified date of two weeks ago, even if I add an appointment
to the schedule now.

I am ex mainframe and have only been working on windows apps for the last 10
months. Is this a problem in the setup of the schedule file or is it a ADSM
problem because ADSM does not pick up the addition of an appointment to the
scheduler.

I have a case where one of our top users need a file restored to the 13/7 and
the last active version we have is 10/6. My policy is set up to keep 9999
version but expiration is after 60 days.

Did anybody experience this kind of problem before.

Thanking you in advance

Johan Gouws
Operations Manager
Hollard Insurance