ADSM-L

9710 and aix 4.1.4 define

2015-10-04 17:54:38
Subject: 9710 and aix 4.1.4 define
From: Michael Richard at cw-fh4
To: owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at Internet
Date: 8/7/98 10:28AM
     I sent this out on friday but as of monday did not get a confirmation
     it was accepted by the list server, and did not see it in the
     archives. I am sorry in advance if this gets posted twice. It may have
     been a problem with our mail hub.

Author:  Michael Richard at cw-fh4
Date:    8/7/98 10:28 AM

     Hello all
     First thanks for all the helpfull postings.

     We a a RISC 6000 590 7013 running AIX 4.1.4 and ADSM 3.1.0.0 server
     and 3.1.0.1 client. We just purchased a STK9710 with 4 DLT 7000 scsi
     drives running micro code 70  They are all daisy chained on the same
     scsi cable. The scsi ids are as follows :

     Host scsi id is 0
     drive 0 scsi id is 1
     drive 1 scsi id is 3
     drive 2 scsi id is 4
     drive 3 scsi id is 5

     when we powered up the library and then powered up the RISC,the RISC
     found all the drives including the robot. However it listed them all
     as /dev/rmt#. I know the drives come up as rmt# but I thought that the
     robot should come up as /dev/lmcp0. Did everything get recognised
     correctly or what could be the cause of the robot being recognised as
     a other scsi drive. We are not going thru a acsls server. Also
     currently we still have out 3490 drives attached and are using them
     till the 9710 is working. There are no duplicate scsi id's any where
     and I did not use scsi id's 2 or 7 per documention I recieved from
     MTI, Because it said scsi id 2 is reserved for boot disk and scsi id 7
     is reserved for HBA.  One more thing we have a ATape driver 2.4.4.00
     for use of the 3490 drives. I have been able to manually mount a tape
     in the drives and successfully been able to tar a file to each of them
     and read it back off of them. Thanks in advance to any one who might
     be able to help with answers.

--=Bndry=--135CEE8D1--